Saturday, August 15, 2009

72 hour kit-insect repellent

This week add insect repellent for the family and some chapstick. I don't know about you but there are times I can't find my chapstick and my lips are literally in pain. If we have to be outside for a long period of time we will be exposed to bugs, wind, and other extreme temps that can cause havoc on your lips. It won't save your life but can prevent a lot of discomfort in a disaster situation when there are already too many thing to have to worry about. As for chapstick it may not be the most practical in hot weather. Something like those tubes of blistex or a travel vaseline should be ideal. If necessary pack a lip gloss to maintain that glow after an earthquake:)

1 comment:

  1. my father-in-law says every time he buys a new chap stick, he buys two & puts the other in his food storage. I'm with you, it wont save your life but at least your lips wont be in pain.

    ReplyDelete