Monday, August 3, 2009

Wacky Cake

I married into Wacky cake...this says a little about my in-laws as well:) Anyway, I noticed this same recipe elsewhere but it was called food storage cake. I am pretty sure my husband told be it was a family recipe, but apparently the secret is out:)

This cake calls for no eggs, but everything that should be in you storage. Plus, it is somewhere between amazingly moist chocolate cake and heavenly brownies. It doesn't need to be frosted because it has this fudgy, moistness that stands on it's own. Just try it, and you'll understand:)

Wacky cake (or food storage cake)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
6 TB salt
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 TB vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup oil

Mix all ingredients until smooth. Bake in ungreased 9X13 pan at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Cool before cutting. Can be topped with ice cream of cool whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment