Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Water containers

If any of you still want to sign up for 55 gallon water containers, it is always open for additions. I have found another source who has agreed to sell them to me in large quantities for $11. They previously held propylene glycol:

Propylene glycol is a clear, colorless, slightly syrupy liquid at room temperature. Propylene glycol is practically odorless and tasteless.

Propylene glycol is used to make biodegradable antifreeze and de-icing solutions for cars, airplanes, and boats; as an ingredient in termite control; to make polyester compounds; and as solvents in the paint and plastics industries.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified propylene glycol as an additive that is "generally recognized as safe" for use in food. It is also used to absorb extra water and maintain moisture in certain medicines, cosmetics, or food products. It is a solvent for food colors and flavors.

The seller assured me it is safe and non toxic and he has stored and used water in it personally. He said it is cleaned just like the other juice ones and leaves no taste or odor.

So here is the info. I personally would have no problem storing my water in these and feel good about it. If you want a guaranteed water source and don't want to wait for the other ones, please pay $11 instead of the $10 and as soon as I have all of the money I will call him. I am still collecting them from the other source as well but feel it will take a long time to get everyone set. I don't know his demand for these 20 so let me know if this is what you want. I would love to get them right now, but I don't want to pay $$$ out of my pocket and have 20 barrels in my yard:) He says he has 40 each month to sell. If you need to know where to drop off payment email me at tiffsterzer@hotmail.com If you are not in my neighborhood I am happy to help you out as well, but will not drive around the valley to deliver them:) I will have them delivered to my house and we can make arrangements.

No comments:

Post a Comment